CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bryce and the Lifeguard

On Monday the kids and I went swimming with our friends the Griffin's. There was a new lifeguard that day and Bryce decided that he was more interested in talking and playing with her than anyone else. It was like I was watching "The Sandlot" in real life. Within an hour and a half, he showed her how long he can throw a toy, how he can dive, hold his breath and blow bubbles and jump. Bryce increased his level of dificulty with each jump by taking a longer running start. What was great about these running starts was he was holding his breath when he started to run (his lips puckered and cheeks blown up) also, when he takes off he keeps runing in the air until he hits the water. Each time looking at the lifeguard and asking "Did you watch me?"

As we were about to leave he decided he wanted to jump without his life vest (he can't swim without it, he just sinks) he took off running before I was there to catch him, but I got there a couple of seconds later, so no lifeguard in the water. If I didn't know better I would have thought he was trying to get his first kiss via mouth to mouth.

I wonder if this is a sample of what the teenage years will be like!

1 comment:

Emma said...

Wendy Peffercorn....LOL! Bryce makes me laugh :).