CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Gardening and Children


I have a friend who's garden is a part of a city Garden tour in May and she asked if I could help her out a couple of hours a week getting the garden ready. Yesterday Bryce and I went and I had such a great time. It was a way to get exercise and fresh air that was not painful. Bryce was adorable. He would be wherever I was and he paid attention. We were doing weeding and cleaning up a patch and once he realized what we were doing, he started to put the dead leaves in the trash bag. He was having a ball, and we stayed out there for two and a half hours. I am not going to lie, he ate a little dirt, but it was worth it. Today he has been going to the fake plants in my house and taking out the dirt, because that is what we did yesterday.

My friend has really inspired me to do my own garden. I have a lot of plans and am excited for my children to do it with me. I have learned that it is ok for them to get dirty because they just want to be with you. A little extra cleanup is worth the memory with my kids. I truly love being a mom and am so blessed by Bryce and what he teaches me everyday. He picks up a new skill each day, today is clapping and is so funny. I truly love my life.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

It took me a lot longer to realize that messiness is okay with kids so you get to have experiences! I love how he was "weeding" your fake plants. So cute!