CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 31, 2011

Firm Foundation

I have been thinking a lot lately about life, the good, the bad and the ugly. I know that there are a lot of people who blame the Lord or others for what happens to them, they have difficulty accepting that bad things can and do happen to good people. Yesterday at church, all of the talks were on the topic of agency, they were wonderful and not what you would typically think when hearing about agency. We choose to be angry, have faith, to love, to hate, to be friends, to change our lives. All of these are choices that we make and with them we take the consequences good and bad and ride the storm. I have had my share of depression and anxiety, there were times that I have been angry that my  body is broken, but as I have gotten older I have realized that I can choose to learn from my trials and grow in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I want to share some verses from the song "How Firm a Foundation". I sent these words to a friend of mine who will most likely pass away this week. These words give me comfort and remind me, I am never alone.

In ev’ry condition—in sickness, in health,
In poverty’s vale or abounding in wealth,
At home or abroad, on the land or the sea—
As thy days may demand, as thy days may demand,
As thy days may demand, so thy succor shall be.

Fear not, I am with thee; oh, be not dismayed,
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid.
I’ll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by my righteous, upheld by my righteous,
Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand.

When through the deep waters I call thee to go,
The rivers of sorrow shall not thee o’erflow,
For I will be with thee, thy troubles to bless,
And sanctify to thee, and sanctify to thee,
And sanctify to thee thy deepest distress.

When through fiery trials thy pathway shall lie,
My grace, all sufficient, shall be thy supply.
The flame shall not hurt thee; I only design
Thy dross to consume, thy dross to consume,
Thy dross to consume and thy gold to refine.

The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose
I will not, I cannot, desert to his foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I’ll never, no never, I’ll never, no never,
I’ll never, no never, no never forsake!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

sabrina, thank you for that i really needed to hear that.